Scriptures In Use (SIU) exists to provide church planters in-country training opportunities to reach the unreached in oral cultures!
We guide and mentor each church planter to develop a grass roots church planting ministry through Bible storytelling, dialog and other traditional oral communication methods.
Strategies for Achieving Our Vision:
- Providing church planters in-country training opportunities to reach the unreached through effective oral communication. The Communication Bridges to Oral Cultures training course teaches grass roots church planters how to use the preferred learning styles of oral societies which pass down information by oral tradition and memory through storytelling, music, poetry and drama.
- Providing training materials and resources to equip the local leadership to develop a stronger and more mature local church through effectively communicating the Scriptures among traditional oral cultures.
- Guiding and mentoring each church planter to develop a church planting ministry through simple Bible storytelling and other traditional oral communication media.
- Providing and building leadership for the orality movement.
- Connecting leaders and building partnership models among ministries in oral cultures.